Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I'm back?

It's been a really long time since I updated. I pretty much abandoned this blog after my friends got back from Tanzania, the main reason I started it in the first place. However, yesterday I was thinking about it and since I have so much time on my hands, I thought I could probably update.

Things that have happened since I last wrote:
*I graduated! (They still haven't sent my diploma)
*I moved back to Hastings
*I've been applying for jobs.

A lot of jobs. I've probably sent my resume/cover letter to at least 12 churches that have advertised that they are looking for a youth director. I've had few responses and one phone interview. I keep being told that I need experience to get the job. Huh, well I need a job to get experience, so...arrrgh! This is so frustrating, I need to get a job but literally everywhere is NOT hiring. I've applied to be a FT nanny for a family in Eagan. It's a job, it's work, but to be quite honest I really didn't get a B.A. to be a glorified babysitter.

Oh, randomly, the perm that I got nearly a year ago has not yet run it's course. This is frustrating as I hated it about two weeks after I got it and really missed my old hair. However, I've rectified this by figuring out how to style it like I used to. This may not seem like a big deal to any of you, but I've always had an emotional attachment with my hair ever since both my brother and my neighbor cut it all off when I was very young.

My two brothers that live at home are moving out. My older, (but not oldest), brother is moving to a townhouse that he cannot afford with his hetero-life partner Evan at the end of this month. My younger brother is also moving out by March 1st. Well...he says he's moving out by then, but he's not really a "man" of his word...so... I put man in quotations because my family finds that living with him is not really ideal as he is 18 but acts like he's 15. As my dad says, "instead of graduating high school and becoming an adult, he's completely regressed."

Needless to say, I'm excited to have some of my brothers moving out, but I'm going to miss Rory.

I'm currently reading The Shack for a book group I joined. I like it, it's a novel and it really gets me thinking. I'm on ch. 7 and I think I'll read until ch. 9 by Sunday. I'm also reading He's Just Not That Into You, which is pretty good and explains a lot of past relationships. I also saw the movie, it was adorable and I loved it. Also I'm reading Eat Pray Love. I have been reading this since after Christmas, I'm still not done...it's a work-in-progress.

Well, that's about all I can think of for now. I'm watching The Addams Family Values on ABC Family, it's one of my favorite movies but I only own it on VHS.

No comments: